Job Category: Sales
Location: Jakarta, ID
Job ID: 865110-133455
The Account Technology Strategist drives sales across the Microsoft technology platform by forming high impact, technical advisory relationships on a 1:1 and 1:Many basis with Corporate Account Managed (CAM) accounts. The range of technologies will include, and place a heavy focus Cloud offerings (such as Office 365, Intune) as well as those supported through Microsoft’s traditional on-premise licensing.
Corporate Accounts (CA) customers at Microsoft include enterprise customers, both commercial and public sector, with at least 250 users up to several thousand users and are divided into two account segments: Corporate Account Managed (CAM) and Corporate Territory Managed (CTM). Goals for these segments include driving revenue growth, market share, and customer satisfaction. CA account managers manage relationships with these enterprise customers, work to understand and document their business objectives, and then in conjunction with qualified Partners, offer Microsoft solutions that exceed customer expectations.
The Account Technology Strategist (ATS) adds value to the Corporate Account Managed (CAM) business in Microsoft by providing technical guidance across the range of the Microsoft technology portfolio. This results in accelerated sales and expanded deployments of Microsoft technology in targeted accounts.
The ATS role is a CAM tele-based role. They use their skills to add value in the following ways:
- Work in the Corporate Account Team Unit (CATU) to develop customer engagement plans ranging from 1:1 to 1:Many engagements
- Identify those customers where providing technical portfolio guidance will accelerate annuity business and defend against competitive threats such as those we are seeing from Google.
- Using Global Sales Exchange (GSX) as the input tool, contribute to the IT Profiles on customers, including using Account Discovery and profiling as the base
- Identifying the gaps in Infrastructure Optimization (IO), Deployment, and Security within customer accounts and contributing to opportunity generation plans to address the gaps.
- Defining IT Infrastructure and Client solutions that address customer pains and/or opportunities.
- Ensuring handoffs to, and engagements with, the appropriate resources (within the CATU, to Partner Account Managers (PAMs), to Partner Technology Advisors (PTAs), to Microsoft Services), to specialist sellers, at the appropriate phase of the Microsoft Solution Sales Process (MSSP).
- Delivering presentations, briefings, or technology reviews that reinforce the IT Infrastructure for Microsoft value propositions.
- Ensuring that customers are aware of the Microsoft’s Cloud Offerings, Microsoft Enterprise Product Roadmap and the Security benefits of a Microsoft-centric technology stack.
- Engagement and collaborating with Partners who can help scale capacity.
The ATS role is unique in:
- Its breadth of technical knowledge of the Microsoft portfolio relative to other roles in the CATU
- Its focus on developing relationship of a technology nature.
- Its ability to successfully articulate and communicate (at a breadth level) the IT Infrastructure as a core component of the Microsoft business value proposition.
- Its insights into customers’ IT strategies, IT level business drivers, and IO maturity stages.
3 - 5 years of related experience
Professional Training and Certification
Professional training/certification in: Microsoft Technical training. Tele training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Sales and Partner management
• complex sales training (i.e. Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, etc.)
• sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP)
• broad evangelism through events (presentation skills)
• CRM (Siebel or other)
Job Segments: Strategist, Siebel, ERP, CRM, R&D, Strategy, Technology, Research